Got a question?
If you need to cancel your lesson for whatever reason please let use know. There is a cancellation link provided in your live virtual lesson booking conformation email. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
For your live virtual lesson to be successful you will need:
- A suitable video web camera so I can see you playing
- A suitable microphone so you can talk to me
- Speakers that work on your computer or device, so you can hear
- A stable internet connection
I use a Logitech HD 1080p Webcam which has a built in microphone.
Yes. The live virtual lessons provided by Richard Lara is hosted online. This means that you can view as long as your device is connected to the internet.
Operating Systems Supported
Live virtual lessons are able to be viewed on almost every OS including Mac OS, Windows and Linux.
Browsers Supported – Desktop
Live virtual lessons will work with all of the major desktop browsers and versions including:
- Google Chrome (recommended)
You can test your browser by clicking here.
Browsers Supported – Mobile Devices
iPhone/iPad: It is currently not technically possible to do live virtual lesson directly in any browser on iOS. Instead you will need to download the native appear.in iOS app. Click here to download
Android devices: You can join your live virtual lesson from anyone of the following android mobile browsers
- Google Chrome for Android
- Firefox for Android
- Opera for Android
- The appear.in app (download from Google Play)
- The native browser on newer Android versions may work, but this varies with phone model.
- Internet Explorer
- Safari (hopefully coming, but it’s up to Apple)
- Windows Phone
Internet Connection Speed
The minimum viable connection speed to reliably stream videos used in our training material is about 768 kilobits per second (equal to .768 megabits per second). We recommend a connection speed of at least 5 megabits per second for an optimal experience with HD capability.